after serious study of the resources (js in particular) for the ace and mobi components. It has been noted that:-
1) ice.ace.ab(.....) which is what ace:ajax is dependent upon is present in core.js, using ice.ace.jq (which is defined in util.js).
this would mean that core.js has a dependency to util.js which has a dependency to jquery.js and all 3 are required for ace:ajax. (kind of a waste as jq really is not that necessary for this task).
2) There are other utilities in util.js and core.js which are not for ace:ajax. This means either these 2 files are small enough that they can be combined as a resource dependency, or they should be split into non-jquery dependent utilties and dependent jquery utilities.....another discussion.
3). mobi project has the following entry in it's resource-dependency.xml:-
Upon testing for 10291 (where I simply use the ace util/util.js for the ace:ajax support), I noticed the following in the mobile project resource-dependency.xml:-
<resource name="core/bridgeit.js" library="icefaces.mobi">
<resource name="util/ace-jquery.js" library="icefaces.ace"/>
according to Philip this is not true as bridgeit has no dependency.
so....in order to remove the dependency of ace-jquery to flipswitch, dateSpinner and timeSpinner (the current mobi components which use ace:ajax):-
1) ace:ajax needs to have better definition for it's own resource dependencies. Unless util & core are redone, that would mean that core.js should bring in util.js as well as jquery.js. (defined with dependencies).
2) flipswitch should not need to define ace:ajax's resource dependencies, since if ace:ajax is on the page, it will do that definition itself (correct?).
3) remove the bridgeit resource dependency on the ace-jquery.js library.